Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Style Inspiration: Suri Cruise

From what I understand, Suri has quite the reputation among celebrity kids as being the most fashionable, best-traveled, most spoiled and in my opinion, the cutest. You can just tell that there is a bitchy teenager already living inside that girl, refusing the wear the lame clothes that her mom buys her, being generally embarrassed by her mom, and having that ability to flow in between being a full-fledged, latte drinking adult, and a kid who gets cranky if they have to do anything they don't want to (and demands snacks in that situation).

For me, Suri is a style inspiration.

 First, is her complete refusal to wear pants. I mean the kid literally only has ever been photographed in dresses, a commitment that I am not capable of at 27. She also has an amazing collection of perfect little day dresses.

Second, she has a great eye for getting just the right mix - whether it's mixing high and low, or patterns, or wearing a fur coat with Western-inspired rainboots - she always gets it right!




Finally, her ability to accesorize is where she truly shines - with $1,000 purses, classic trenches, bright, hipsterish sunglasses, jaunty hats and the occasional toy - to remind everyone that she is a truly adorable child - she hits the right mark every time!




From Suri, I am going to go forward this week committed to accessorizing in surprising ways, wearing dresses and skirts, and being paparazzi-ready in my small New England town! If only I could take 20 years off my age - people would be so much more impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment